It is hard to believe tomorrow it will be 2008! What a year, 2007 has been for the Jersey breed. New records have been set across the board for Registered Jerseys. From the number of Registered animals, to the number of REAP herds, to Equity members and the value of the Registered Jerseys sold this past year, all make have made times good in the industry! Participation and excitement in the Jersey breed have not seen these heights in many years and the Jersey Journal
staff is proud to be a part of these exciting times.
The January Jersey Journal
is at the printer and we are beginning to work on the February issue. The early bird
deadline to receive a 10% discount
on your advertising is Friday, January 4
. We will still be accepting ads through January 18, but without the discount.
- The February issue is our year end sales wrap-up featuring the high selling and highly marketable animals of 2007. It will also feature the Top 10 completed 305-day milk records for 2007 in milk, fat, protein and cheese yield production.
- New genetic summaries will also be available on January 15 – so new sire lists and high JPI cows will be published in this issue as well.
Other items to advertise include:
- Spring Valley 7th Edition Sale – March 14
- Young bulls for sale
- Feature daughters of the new sires that have received proofs
- Highlight your recent appraisals
Save money by using your REAP Advertising Advantage
. Every REAP herd receives a $100 advertising credit to be used at one time during your enrollment year on a ½ page or larger ad in the Journal
. Just another added value to being a REAP member.
One last reminder . . . Subscription rates increase
January 1, 2008. Call, email, or fax us today to extend your subscription for another year!
And there is still time to be a part of the 2008-2009 Jersey Directory
. . . but call us soon, before time runs out!
For more information, log on to http://JerseyJournal.usjerseycom
for links to all of these promotional items! We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Thank you for your continued support of the Jersey Journal
, the official publication of the American Jersey Cattle Association for over 54 years. Please give us a call at 614.861.3636, exts. 335 (Tracie or call 614.261.4762), 336 (Kim), 319 (Julie) or 323 (Michele). Or fax us your ad at 614.322.4493.
Sincerely, Kim Billman Tracie Stoodt
Editor Assistant Editor/Advertising
614.261.4762 Michele Ackerman Julie Drendel
Associate Editor Assistant Editor/Production